Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Narayan Blog No#3



Abstract From Memo

With using an arc welding robot in the production of high- precision automobile parts we help reduce the cost for creating such parts. The robot that I suggested be used to start our pilot program is the IRB4400 from ABB. IRB 4400Compact, versatile robot with medium to heavy handling capacity. The 6-axis robot can handle loads up to 60 kg, or up to 45 kg at very high speeds. Reach: 1.96 meters. What made this robot the ideal test pilot for integration into our production line was the ease in which it can be installed and operated. The robot uses laser to guide its welding gun to specific parts which have to be welded. This produces a seemingly uniform weld every time the robot makes that same weld for that same part. The robot is built on an open structure, meaning that this robot is equipped with a wide range of universal communication interfaces. This helps the robot to connect to a PC for servicing that is much simpler. With all test steps and measures put into place, the integration of these test robots into our production line will be met with ease. Also, with simplifying the cabling systems required for the robot to operate, there will be a reduction in the chances of breakdown.

I chose to write on  arc welding robots, because of my fascination for control systems and programming. With deploying robots in the welding environment, we save on the cost of production and valuable raw materials. The robot will help to solve the problem as these robots can work over an extended period of time with little or no human intervention.

My writing process begins with research on the topic I choose. I normally read and analyze what I have read then I put my thoughts on paper. I then take the time to read and analyze what I have written.  During this process I make changes and and correct my grammatical errors. This assignment differs from my other writing assignment in that this course is intended for professionals and there are no emotions involved in the actual writing. It is more factual and is based on practical applications of the topic in real life scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment